GATLEY MEDICAL PRACTICE
The eligible groups for the 2018/19 service are:
- all people aged 65 years and over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31st March 2019);
- people aged from 18 to less than 65 years of age with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis;
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure;
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five;
- chronic liver disease;
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability;
- immunosuppresion, a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment);
- asplenia or splenic dysfunction;
- morbid obesity
- pregnant women aged 18 or over (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season);
- people aged 18 or over living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities*;
- social care workers;
- hospice workers;
- carers aged 18 or over; or
- household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over.
PLEASE COME TO THE SURGERY OPPORTUNISTICALLY FOR YOUR FLU VACCINATION OR CALL RECPETION AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
If you are not sure if you are eligible – ask at reception.